TechSavvy: Summer Day Camp for Middle School Girls May 11, 2011Posted by Science Club for Girls in Events, For parents.
Middle school girls entering 6th, 7th or 8th grades! Would you like to see how engineering and technology can help save the world, visit college campuses, and meet a group of cool girls like yourself? Then attend TechSavvy from July 25-29.
During this action-packed week, you’ll visit a different university each day, where you might design, develop, build and/or test
• a kicking machine (not for use on your brother…);
• buildings that can withstand earthquakes;
• an animation for telling a story or an interactive game;
• visit Microsoft and have a chance to play Kinect;
• affordable technologies for diagnosing diseases and performing lab tests—and much more!!
TUITION: Tuition for the one-week program is $150 which includes lunch, all program activities and transportation between venues. Students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch may attend at a reduced tuition of $30.
Click here for details and registration information.
This program is supported by the Boston Area Girls STEM Collaborative, which includes Science Clubs for Girls, Museum of Science, Boston University, Emmanuel College, Girls Scouts of MA, Harvard University, Northeastern University, Simmons College, UMass Boston, Wentworth Institute of Technology and WGBH.